On Jun 8th the VMware Fling team released the vSphere HTML5 Web Client in version 1.9.0.
Several new features, bugfixes and improvements are in the new update.
I’m explaining how to update your existing vSphere HTML5 Web Client.
The new features and improvements could be found at
- For an update download the rpm file and upload it to the appliance (e.g. /tmp) or if your appliance has internet access use wget to download the file.
- If you do not even installed the vsphere-client-config-ui download and upload it to your appliance to.
- Stop the vSphere Web Client
- Start the Update
12rpm -Uvh ./vsphere-client-config-ui-184.108.40.206-3984027.noarch.rpmrpm -Uvh ./vsphere-h5-client-1.6.0-3892664.noarch.rpm
- After successfull install cleanup your appliance
1rm -rf /usr/lib/vmware-vsphere-client/server/work
- Start the vSphere Web Client
- After initialization had done you can login and check the correct version in the upper right corner
Help – About
Now feel free to test the new version and send feedback with the smiley button at the upper right corner!