The VMware Fling team released a new version of vSphere WebClient
The changes and install instructions are listed here.
Some issues in the new version are already known and the team is working on it.
How to install?
New Features (v1.16)
- Host hardware health can be monitored (sensor state and readings only).
- Create new datacenter
- Add VMkernel adapters
- HA advanced settings can be edited
- HA response for APD conditions can be changed
- Capture snapshot of a powered ON VM with the memory
- Assign and remove tags on objects
- New “Connectivity and Multipathing” list for VMFS datastores ([Datastore] -> Configure -> Connectivity and Multipathing)
- Bugs associated with editing a CD/DVD drive on a VM have been fixed.
- VM level tags are not shown in the assign tag dialog, we are working on fixing this.
- After your login you may see a Submit button appearing briefly at the top left of a white page. Please ignore it and wait for the Home page to come up.
For fresh deployments, the command has changed from: OLD: /etc/init.d/vsphere-client configure --start yes --user root --vc NEW: /etc/init.d/configui configure --start yes --user root --vc Please refer to the Instructions pdf for details.