VMware released a new update for the vCenter. The Update mainly focuses fixing the Spectre and Meltdown issue.
For more information you can find the release notes here: vCenter 6.5 Update 1e
Version: vCenter Server 6.5 Update 1e (220.127.116.1100)
How to update the VCSA can be found here: Update VCSA 6.5
After upgrading my production vCSA to 6.5 Update 1d a few days ago the complete handling of the vCenter is quite good. The HTML5 Client runs very good, but don’t have all features, so the Java-based Web Client must do some of the work.
One very disturbing thing is the “Your password will expire in xx days”-Message everytime you log in.
But it doesn’t have to. You can configure the time before the reminder appears.
After upgrading my production vCSA from 6.0 to 6.5 U1d, the “Scan for Updates” always runs in an unknown error. Before the upgrade everything works fine and the upgrade of the vCSA was easy to and finished without any error.
After some research and logfile analyzing I found two solutions.
On Dec 18th Veeam released the Update 3 of Veeam Backup & Replication 9.5 and Veeam One 9.5.
Veeam Backup & Replication 9.5 Update 3 has many new features. I will outline my favorites
- Built-in agent management. Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows and Veeam Agent for Linux can now be deployed and managed directly from the Veeam Backup & Replication console, adding support for physical and cloud workloads protection.
- VMDK resize operation will no longer result in resetting CBT data for all virtual machine disks, but rather for the resized disk only.
- Data location tagging. Ensure data sovereignty compliance required by various regulations, such as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), by tagging production infrastructure and backup infrastructure objects with locations.
Full Release Notes and Downloads can be found following the links
I’ve written down the few update steps for both in this article.
Ho ho ho,
5 days before christmas, VMware released the Update 1d for vCenter Server 6.5.
What’s new in this Update?
- vCenter Server 6.5 Update 1d addresses issues that have been documented in the Resolved Issues section and Photon OS security vulnerabilities. For more information, see VMware vCenter Server Appliance Photon OS Security Patches.
- Update of the Oracle (Sun) JRE package to version 1.8.0_141.
- vCenter Server 6.5 is updated to use the 4.3.9 version of the Spring Framework.
- The OpenSSL package is updated to version openssl-1.0.2l.
- The Tomcat package is updated to version 8.5.15.
- Apache Struts is updated to version 2.5.13 to resolve CVE-2017-9805, CVE-2017-9804 and CVE-2017-9793.
- Eclipse Jetty is upgraded to version 9.2.22.