On August 2th the VMware Fling team released the new version (1.17) of the vSphere HTML5 Web Client
The changes and install instructions are listed here.
New Features are for example CDP and LLDP info of physical nics and new lists for datastores.
How to install?
- Added CDP and LLDP info for physical network adapters
- New “Hardware acceleration” list for datastores ([Datastore] -> Configure -> Hardware acceleration)
- New “Device Backing” list for VMFS datastores ([Datastore] -> Configure -> Device Backing)
- The effective HA responses for failures for a VM can be seen on the VM summary screen.
- Custom Attributes and Tags actions from action menu.
- VM level tags are not shown in the assign tag dialog, we are working on fixing this.
- After your login you may see a Submit button appearing briefly at the top left of a white page. Please ignore it and wait for the Home page to come up.
1234567For fresh deployments, the command has changed from:OLD:/etc/init.d/vsphere-client configure --start yes --user root --vcNEW:/etc/init.d/configui configure --start yes --user root --vcPlease refer to the Instructions pdf for details.