VMware released a new update for the vCenter. The Update mainly focuses fixing the Spectre and Meltdown issue.
For more information you can find the release notes here: vCenter 6.5 Update 1e
Version: vCenter Server 6.5 Update 1e (22.214.171.12400)
How to update the VCSA can be found here: Update VCSA 6.5
Ho ho ho,
5 days before christmas, VMware released the Update 1d for vCenter Server 6.5.
What’s new in this Update?
- vCenter Server 6.5 Update 1d addresses issues that have been documented in the Resolved Issues section and Photon OS security vulnerabilities. For more information, see VMware vCenter Server Appliance Photon OS Security Patches.
- Update of the Oracle (Sun) JRE package to version 1.8.0_141.
- vCenter Server 6.5 is updated to use the 4.3.9 version of the Spring Framework.
- The OpenSSL package is updated to version openssl-1.0.2l.
- The Tomcat package is updated to version 8.5.15.
- Apache Struts is updated to version 2.5.13 to resolve CVE-2017-9805, CVE-2017-9804 and CVE-2017-9793.
- Eclipse Jetty is upgraded to version 9.2.22.
On Nov 14th VMware released the two new updates for vCenter Server 6.5.
- vCSA 6.5 Update 1c
- vCSA 6.5.0f
Both Updates fixes an error, where an upgrade, install or migrate of VMware vCenter Server Appliance might fail, because of an expired root password.
Release Notes could be found here
My homelab vcenter runs the update without any problems.