Two days ago VMware released the second version of vCenter Server 6.0.0.
After four month the update delivers some bugfixes for SSO, security, storage, installation and upgrade. The full list of fixes can be found in the Release Notes for vCenter 6.0.0b.
In my last “upgrade” article I discribe how to upgrade from vCenter Server Appliance (vCSA) 5.5.0 to vCSA 6.0.0
The update could be installed via CMD and mounted ISO in the vCSA.
Here are the steps for the upgrade:
- Download the Patch-ISO (VMware-vCenter-Server-Appliance-220.127.116.1120-2800573-patch-FP.iso) of vCSA 6.0.0b and save it to an datastore accesible from vCSA
- Connect the ISO to vCSA virtual CD/DVD-Drive. First I’ve connect the ISO via Web Client, but the vCSA disconnected me every time I starts the update. So I’ve connect the ISO with vSphereClient connected to ESXi directly.
- Login to vCSA via SSH
- With “software-packages install –iso –acceptEulas” the update starts
- After update finished reboot the Appliance with “shutdown reboot -r Update600b”
- Say hello to vCSA 6.0.0b build 2800571 :)