Migrations via WebClient also could not be startet because the wizards hangs at “choose network”
I’ve opened a call – stay tuned :)
I solved the problem by myself. I’ve backup the database, roles and permissions from the vCSA, installed a new one and restored the database, roles and permissions to it. Now everything is working and I am happy…
I’ve documented the whole procedure in this blog post (Backup vCSA and restore data on new vCSA)
My first install of vCSA runs in the same error and I got the same message “Error occured while…”. I could resolve this by deny the internetaccess for the vCSA. After that the installation ends with the functional vCenter Server Appliance :)
Yesterday (10 September 2015) VMware released vCenter Server 6.0. U1
Two month after the release of vCenter Server 6.0.0b the Update1 resolves issues in security, storage Web-/vSphere Client, VM management and HA/FT.
The full list of fixes can be found in the Release Notes for vCenter 6.0 Update 1.
Here are the steps for the upgrade:
- Download the ISO (VMware-vCenter-Server-Appliance-22.214.171.12400-3018521-patch-FP.iso) of vCSA 6.0 Update 1 and save it to an datastore accesible from ESXi on which the vCSA runs.
- Connect the ISO to vCSA virtual CD/DVD-Drive. At last upgrade from vCSA 6.0.0 to 6.0.0b the connect via WebClient was struggling, so I use vSphere Client to connect directly to the ESXi on which vCSA is running
- Login to vCSA via SSH
- Start the software package installationsoftware-packages install –iso –acceptEulas