Severall versions were released since my last update post. Now version 2.6 of the vSphere HTML5 Web Client is available.
The changes and install instructions are listed here.
How to install?
- Details view for the available paths for Host Storage device
- VM and Host groups can be created and edited
- VM/Host rules can be viewed
- Host firewall settings can be edited
- VM swap/host system swap locations can be changed
- Delete VMFS datastore action
- Details view for the available devices coming from Host Storage adapter
- Details view for the available paths for Host Storage adapter
- Resource pools can be created
- DRS recommendations/faults can be monitored
- Customize guest OS during clone for VMs with multiple NICs
- ESXi advanced settings can be edited
- Host advanced settings can be filtered during editing
- Resource settings for resource pools/vApps can be managed
- Remove folders from inventory
- Some performance improvements to the edit VM settings workflow
- FAMI will show the HTML5 web client version number for new appliance installations
- User can now rename folders
- Memory for a VM specified in GB by default
- Resource pool settings are displayed on its summary page.
- Issue with persistence of the shares changes in the edit settings VM is fixed
- Edit setting dialog close bug is fixed – https://labs.vmware.com/flings/vsphere-html5-web-client/bugs/201
- During create VM from template, you can now select resource pools that are more than 2 levels deep.
- CD/DVD drive remove mapping from .iso was not working before, this issue is fixed.
- Snapshot delete refreshes the dialog.
- Various bug fixes related to persisting VM settings when reconfiguring a VM
- Update to fling v2.5 from a previous version will not show the HTML5 web client version number in FAMI UI. We are working on fixing this, till then, you can ssh to the appliance and run below command to display the right version number.
- After your login you may see a Submit button appearing briefly at the top left of a white page. Please ignore it and wait for the Home page to come up.
1234567For fresh deployments, the command has changed from:OLD:/etc/init.d/vsphere-client configure --start yes --user root --vcNEW:/etc/init.d/configui configure --start yes --user root --vcPlease refer to the Instructions pdf for details.
- For updates, you can use FAMI, Please refer the Instructions for details