To update an existing vSphere HTML5 Web Client follow the steps.
If you want to deploy the Web Client fresh/new use my install article (Install vSphere HTML5 Web Client (v1.9 and newer))
Theses instructions are tested with update versions
- 2.0 – 2.1 – 2.2 – 2.3 – 2.4 – 2.5 – 2.6
- 1.10 – 1.11 – 1.12 – 1.13 – 1.14 -1.15 – 1.16 – 1.17
- Goto the vSphere HTML5 Web Client website
- Agree the Technical Preview License and download the .bsx file
- Upload the file to your vSphere HTML5 Client appliance (e.g. /tmp)
- Logon the appliance via SSH (default: root/demova)
- Stop the vSphere Web Client
- Goto the upload directory (e.g. /tmp) and change permission to 777
1chmod 777 installer-2.xx.x.bsx
- Run the Update
- After successful install start the vSphere HTML5 Web Client
- After initialization is done you can login and check the correct version in the upper right corner by clicking on Help > About
Now feel free to test the new version and send feedback with the smiley button at the upper right corner!