After upgrading my production vCSA from 6.0 to 6.5 U1d, the “Scan for Updates” always runs in an unknown error. Before the upgrade everything works fine and the upgrade of the vCSA was easy to and finished without any error.
After some research and logfile analyzing I found two solutions.
With the latest update to vCSA 6.0 Update 1 I’ve got an undefined error when I use the WebClient (Update vCSA 6.0 to vCSA 6.0 Update 1). The VMware Support said that a certificate mismatch in “User Experience Program” caused that error, but could not solve it.
My first thought was, ok, then I install a new vCSA. But every one of you know that there are many things to consider and a lot of work to transfer all data, permissions, roles, rules etc… *not funny*
The VMware KB article (KB2091961) describes the Backup and Restore of the vPostgres Database for Windows and vCSA.
Here are the steps to backup a vPostgres database and export the roles and permissions from a vCSA.
In my last post (Backup vCSA vPostgres database, roles and permissions) I described the creation of a vCSA vPostgres database backup and the export of all roles and permissions. Now it is time to restore the data.