You can create IP Pools in NSX to use for example the NSX Controller VMs or to create a static pool for a VXLAN.
In this example I create an IP Pool to use for NSX Controller deployment.
You will need the following information to create the new IP Pool
- IP Range which should be used by the POOL
- Gateway address and prefix length of the used network
- DNS Server addresses
- DNS search domains
Create IP Pool
- Log in to the vSphere WebClient with your administrator account. An go to Networking & Security.
- Select Groups and Tags > IP Pools and click on PLUS Add New IP Pool.
- Enter the following values
- Name for the new Pool
- Gateway address of the used network
- Prefix Length
- Primary and Secondary DNS
- One or more IP Ranges for this pool