The NSX Manager is the central component of NSX. It is a single VM which is deployed as appliance. How to do the few steps to deploy the machine is explained here…
- Download the OVF template from my.vmware.com
- Select LocalFile and browse to the downloaded ovf.
- Change the name for the appliance as desired and select a datacenter or folder to deploy to.
- After Cluster is selected you have to select a resource pool
- Click on Next to accept the advanced configuration options.
- You have to accept the license agreements.
- Choose a storage for the appliance (a 60GB harddisk will be created)
- Select the network
- Customization – the order is confusing a little bit…
enter the values for:
- After that review you settings and click on Finish
- Wait until the VM is deployed. Then power on the NSX Manager.
Connect to vCenter
- After the NSX Manager is up and running, log into it. https://nsxmgr
- Select Manage vCenter Registration
- Edit the Lookup Service URL
- Enter the URL of your vCenter Server and use the SSO Administrator Account.
- Confirm the certificate trust.
- If everything works fine the status should show Connected with a green light
- Lets connect the vCenter server with the NSX Manager. Click on Edit for vCenter Server
- Enter the FQDN of your vCenter and the Credentials of your administrator.
- Trust the Certificate too
- After that the second status should show connected too. By using the refresh button behind Last successful inventory update the status shows a timestamp.
- If you are logged into your vSphere WebClient – logoff and login again.
- You will see a new point Networking & Security – select it
- The Dashboard shows connection of NSX Manager is ok (green)
The deployment and integration of NSX Manager is complete. Next steps will be the deployment of three controller VMs.