The vSphere Web Client was updated on July 12th.
Sorry I didn’t post the latest updates of the Fling (V1.11 – 1.13) but the updates comes to quick :)
The VMware Team makes a very good job and many new functions are in the last updates.
The changes and install instructions are listed here.
How to install?
New Features (v1.11 – 1.14)
- Custom attribute names and values can be edited.
- Create a VM on a folder.
- Host firewall and services information can be viewed.
- Hosts can be reconfigured for vSphere HA.
- Basic ability to edit the HA settings of a cluster.
- Live refresh of Manage snapshot tree (revert, delete, delete all)
- Upgrade VMware Tools (interactive only)
- Automatically upgrade VMware Tools on a VM.
- Select between 12/24h time format.
- Display of custom attributes in Summary portlets.
- Display of Tags in the Summary portlets of VMs only.
- Add VMFS Datastore wizard.
- ESXi services can be controlled.
- New Datastore wizard now allows selecting a host.
- Select a storage policy when editing hard disk’s location.
- Values for memory now default to GB instead of MB.
- Objects displayed in the alarms panel can be clicked to navigate to them in the inventory.
- Added IP address configuration in the VMkernel adapter details view.
- View details of VMkernel adapters.
- Some more new icons.
- Changing the value of the first advanced DRS option no longer duplicates it.
- Fixed height of the list of standard port groups.
- Fixed fling versioning number mismatches.
- After your login you may see a Submit button appearing briefly at the top left of a white page. Please ignore it and wait for the Home page to come up.
1234567For fresh deployments, the command has changed from:OLD:/etc/init.d/vsphere-client configure --start yes --user root --vcNEW:/etc/init.d/configui configure --start yes --user root --vcPlease refer to the Instructions pdf for details.