On July 15th VMware released the update for vCenter Server 6.5. The vCenter Server Appliance and the vCenter Server on Windows gets elevated to version “e” Build 5705665.
Release Notes could be found here
In my homelab appliance the update runs quickly and without failures. I’ve made a little step by step guide for the update.
If your appliance don’t have a connection to the internet you will have to download the FullPatch from VMware.
- Select VC and 6.5.0
- Select the FP file for the appliance (VMware-vCenter-Server-Appliance-126.96.36.19900-5705665-patch-FP.iso)
- Mount the ISO to you vCenter Server Appliance
- Select Check CDROM instead of Repository in my guide.
With internet connection follow these few steps
- Login to the appliance management https://your.vcenter.appliance:5480
- Go to Update and click on Check Updates and then Check Repository (or CDROM for those who install from ISO)
- After that the Appliance should show you the new update. Click on Install Update and then Install All Updates
- Accept the License Agreement and click Install
- After that the update will run several minutes.
- The last step you have to do is to reboot the appliance
- Go to the Summary Tab and click on Reboot
- After initialization the vCenter Server appliance is back online and ready for work