On May 12th Veeam has released the Update 2 for Backup and Replication 9.5
I’ve updated now my home lab and after testing our production site too. The Update runs fine with no errors, all jobs are finishing successful. From my side there is no reason to wait for installing the update.
Veeam had listen to the customers and has included many enhancements (vSAN 6.6; Exchange 2016 CU5; Storage Vendor support) and fixes.
Here are the most significant (for me) of them:
The full Release Note are here: https://www.veeam.com/kb2283
- VMware vCloud Director 8.20 support
- VMware vSAN 6.6 support
- Microsoft Exchange 2016 CU5 support for mailbox item recovery with Veeam Explorer for Microsoft Exchange
- Veeam Agent for Linux 1.0 Update 1 – including: new 1-Click FLR via Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager
- Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows 2.0 – including: application-item recovery support from agent backups
- Components auto-update. Update setup now offers an option to initiate the upgrade of all remote Veeam component automatically.
This covers all Veeam components except Network Extension Appliances (part of Veeam Cloud Connect Replication functionality).