On January 22th Veeam released the new Update for their Veeam Availability Suite. The fact that Veeam call it Update it exceedingly modest.
This Update contains so many new features and enhancements that they had call it Veeam Availability Suite 9.7 or so :)
Read more about the new features in this article
I’ve picked two important new features for this article.
Veeam Cloud Tier
With Update 4 Veeam provides a new storage tier for the scale-out backup repostory. Storage service provider like Amazon S3, Azure Blob Storage, IBM Cloud Object Storage and S3-compatible service providers as well as on-premises storage solutions could be natively used for unlimited capacity, long-term data retention.
Source-side encryption with AES 256-bit can protect data stored on public cloud object storage.
Veeam Cloud Mobility
Veeam Cloud Mobility provides the ability to restore or recover ANY workload to Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure and Azure Stack.
Direct Restore to Amazon AWS delivers cloud restore for Veeam backups to optimize resource allocation and minimize cost, enabling you to restore backups of Windows and Linux-based VMs, physical servers and workstations as an AWS EC2 VM. This feature comes with a built-in UEFI to BIOS conversion, making it possible to restore modern Windows workstations directly to AWS EC2 (which does not support UEFI).
Direct Restore to Microsoft Azure Stack builds on top of the proven Direct Restore to Microsoft Azure engine to enable you to restore backups of Windows and Linux-based VMs, physical servers and workstations to Microsoft Azure Stack as an infrastructure as a service (IaaS) VM. Along with Veeam Agents, this functionality provides the complete backup solution for Microsoft Azure Stack IaaS VMs.
Veeam added support for the following systems:
- VMware vSphere 6.7 Update 1
- VMware vCloud Director 9.5
- Windows Server 2019
Major features / enhancements
- Veeam Explorer Updates
- Veeam Datalabs Enhancements
- External Repository for N2WS
- Tape Enhancements
- Oracle RMAN Plugin
- SAP Hana Plugin
- vCloud Director Support for Cloud Connect Replication
- vSphere RBAC Self Service Portal
How to update?
- https://blog.ganser.com – Update Veeam Backup & Replication to 9.5 Update 4
- https://blog.ganser.com – Update Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager to 9.5 Update 4
- www.veeam.com – Download Veeam Backup & Replication 9.5 Update 4
- www.veeam.com – Veeam Backup & Replication 9.5 Update 4 Release Notes
- www.veeam.com – What’s New in 9.5 Update 4?